The Model 900 Series Magnetizer is a high energy, industrial-grade, capacitive discharge magnetizer with a maximum operating voltage of 825VDC. This unit provides the latest technology in magnetizing systems. The unit is constructed in a NEMA 12 cabinet and is equipped with many safety features including electrical door interlocks, mechanically interlocked disconnect, thermal protectors and emergency stop. This system conforms to OSHA requirements, ANSI/NEC/NEMA Standards, or is designed to be CE Compliant.
- Maximum Charge Voltage: 825VDC
- Energy Level: 6 kJ – 24 kJ (higher energy levels available upon request)
- Electrolytic Capacitors – 15,000 – 60,000 µF
- Input Power Requirements: 220VAC, 30A, 50/60 Hz, Single Phase
- High Speed, Fast Recharge Operation
- Heavy Duty Construction
- Suitable for All Magnet Materials
- Single SCR Discharge Output
- Internal charge controls
- Production Line Suitable
- Modular Design
- Custom Fixtures for All Magnet Sizes and Magnet Assemblies
- Peak Current Detection
The Model 900 Series Magnetizer, when used with proper fixturing, is capable of saturating virtually all sizes and configurations of permanent magnet assemblies, including: PM motors, loudspeakers, linear actuators, magnetrons, TWT magnets, torque motors, and relays. This magnetizer is ideally suited for magnetization of Rare Earth magnets and assemblies, and large volume Alnico magnets and assemblies, requiring long high-energy pulses for saturation.
Magnetizing fields in excess of 100,000 oersteads can be produced in specially designed fixtures.
Our engineers welcome the opportunity to discuss adapting the Model 900 to your specific magnetic application.
- Fixture Connectors: Cam-lock, Hardwired, or Connection Box
- Touch-screens: 6” and up using Automation Direct, Allen Bradley or Siemens
- Discharge Channels: Up to four fixtures can be connected at the same time.
- Fixture Air or Water Cooling Controls and Monitoring
- Fixture Temperature Monitoring
- Field measurement using a Model 2140 Fluxmeter and sense coil
- Field measurement using a Model 2140 Gaussmeter and probe
- Data Storage via USB Thumbdrive
- Ethernet IP capable
- Remote control via Hardwire or Ethernet
- Ethernet Programming Port
- Fast Charge Option
- External push button control box
* Additional Options Available Upon Request
|Model||Energy in Joules (@ 825 VDC)||Capacitance (µF)||Charge Time: (Approximate)|
|To 500 Volts||To 825 Volts|
|900-2||6,000||15,000||1.5 Sec||4.2 Sec|
|900-4||12,000||30,000||2.0 Sec||8.0 Sec|
|900-6||18,000||45,000||3.0 Sec||12.0 Sec|
|900-8||24,000||60,000||4.5 Sec||16.5 Sec|
Output Currents to 20,000 Amps (dependent on pulse width and duty cycle).
Available Power Input Options
- 220/240 VAC 20 Amps 50/60 Hz – Standard
- 208 VAC 23 Amps 50/60 Hz – Standard
- 440/480 VAC 15 Amps 50/60 Hz – Optional
- 380/400 VAC 18 Amps 50/60 Hz – Optional
Size & Estimated Weights
- Height: 72” (182 cm)
- Width: 40” (101 cm)
- Depth: 21” (53 cm)
- Weight: 700 lbs (317 kg) for (-2) 850 lbs (385 kg) for (-8)