The Model 8515-D is a medium-energy, high voltage, and capacitor discharge type ringing demagnetizer capable of desaturating Ceramic and Rare Earth magnetic materials. The Model 8515-D is easily adapted to a wide range of production and laboratory demagnetizing requirements. A modern solid-state electronic control circuit, coupled with a rugged, heavy-duty discharge SCR and fixture, make this demagnetizer a highly reliable, low maintenance unit. The electronic voltage control circuit prevents the Model 8515-D from being discharged before the preset energy level has been reached, avoiding incomplete magnet desaturation. An easy to read front panel meter monitors the capacitor voltage. The energy storage level can be easily changed in the field. Integral electrical interlock and fail-safe circuitry provide a high degree of operator safety.
Three modes of operation are available (switch selectable):
- Auto Charge to Preset Level, Push to Discharge
- Push to Charge, Auto Discharge at Preset Level
- Push to Charge, Push to Discharge
- Energy Level 547 Joules
- Desaturation of Ceramic & Rare Earth Magnetic Materials
- High Speed Production Operation
- Wide Variety of Fixtures Available
- High Voltage – 1350 Volts Maximum Voltage
- Adjustable from 100 to 1350 Volts
- Self Contained Bench-top Cabinet
- Demagnetizing Currents to 40,000 Amps
The Model 8515-D Demagnetizers, with proper fixtures, are capable of desaturating a wide range of sizes and configurations of permanent magnet assemblies, including: PM motors, loudspeakers, linear actuators, magnetrons, TWT magnets, torque motors, relays, multi-pole timing motors, etc. The demagnetizing fixture transforms the capacitor-stored energy (discharge as a current) into demagnetizing energy (a pulsed magnetic field). Fixtures are designed to provide the field shape, direction, and intensity to accommodate a specific magnet. Fixtures that simulate certain magnetic circuits are available. Both air core and steel core fixtures are commonly used.
Power Requirements: 115 or 230 VAC 50/60 Hz (Please specify at time of order)
Energy Level & Capacitor Recharge Times:
|Model||Energy Level (Watt-Seconds)||Charge Time * (To 1500 VDC)||Weight (net)|
|8515-D||1200||3 Seconds||15 Amps||140 lb (63.5 kg)|
* Lower charge voltages will produce faster recharge times, however, actual cycle times may vary depending on fixture cooling requirements.
Typical Peak Demagnetizing Forces
Peak H will depend on the impedance of the charging fixture. Demagnetizing forces in excess of 50,000 Oersteds can be achieved.
Demagnetizing Pulse Characteristics
The rise time to the peak and overall pulse width will depend on the fixture impedance and the capacitance of the magnetizer.
Height: 19 in (48.3cm)
Width: 21 in (53.4 cm)
Depth: 25.7 in (65.3 cm)
* Specifications subject to change without notice