The Model 8515 is a medium-energy, high voltage, capacitor discharge type magnetizer capable of saturating Ceramic and Rare Earth magnetic materials. The Model 8515 is easily adapted to a wide range of production and laboratory magnetizing requirements. A modern solid-state electronic control circuit, coupled with a rugged, heavy-duty discharge SCR and fixture, make this magnetizer a highly reliable, low maintenance unit. The electronic voltage control circuit prevents the Model 8515 from being discharged before the preset energy level has been reached, avoiding incomplete magnet saturation. An easy to read front panel meter monitors the capacitor voltage. The energy storage level can be easily changed in the field. Integral electrical interlock and fail-safe circuitry provide a high degree of operator safety.
Three modes of operation are available (switch selectable):
- Auto Charge to Preset Level, Push to Discharge
- Push to Charge , Auto Discharge at Preset Level
- Push to Charge, Push to Discharge
- Energy Level 1,200 Joules
- Saturation of Ceramic & Rare Earth Magnetic Materials
- High Speed Production Operation
- Wide Variety of Fixtures Available
- High Voltage – 2000 Volts Maximum Voltage
- Adjustable from 100 to 2000 Volts
- Self Contained Bench top Cabinet
- Magnetizing Currents to 40,000 Amps
The Model 8515 Magnetizers, with proper fixtures, are capable of saturating a wide range of sizes and configurations of permanent magnet assemblies, including: PM motors, loudspeakers, linear actuators, magnetrons, TWT magnets, torque motors, relays, multi-pole timing motors, etc. The magnetizing fixture transforms the capacitor-stored energy (discharge as a current) into magnetizing energy (a pulsed magnetic field). Fixtures are designed to provide the field shape, direction, and intensity to accommodate a specific magnet. Fixtures that simulate certain magnetic circuits are available. Both air core and steel core fixtures are commonly used.
Power Requirements: 115 or 230 VAC 50/60 Hz (Please specify at time of order)
Energy Level & Capacitor Recharge Times:
|Model||Energy Level (Watt-Seconds)||Charge Time * (To 1500 VDC)||Charge Time * (To 2000 VDC)||Weight (net)|
|8515||1200||3 Seconds||8 Seconds||15 Amps||140 lb (63.5 kg)|
* Lower charge voltages will produce faster recharge times, however, actual cycle times may vary depending on fixture cooling requirements.
Typical Peak Magnetizing Forces
Peak H will depend on the impedance of the charging fixture. Magnetizing forces in excess of 50,000 Oersteds can be achieved.
Magnetizing Pulse Characteristics
The rise time to the peak and overall pulse width will depend on the fixture impedance and the capacitance of the magnetizer.
Height: 19 in (48.3cm)
Width: 21 in (53.4 cm)
Depth: 25.7 in (65.3 cm)
*Specifications subject to change without notice